By Antonio Machado Edited by Dolores Romero López
This edition of Antonio Machado’s work offers a complete revision of the interpretations advanced by critics on the first version of Soledades (1903). Based on Machado’s original edition it will be the only reliable text on the market of this work, the very embodiment of Spanish modernism. It will offer, as well as the text, a substantial analysis of the changes made for the second edition of 1907 that reveal the progressive influence of Modernismo on Machado’s conceptions
Using new theoretical models, the editor has been able to tell us more about Machado’s poetic practice, his evolution as a poet and, consequently, more about the development of Symbolism in Spain than has previously been possible.
The text will be useful to specialists of Machado and the period (1890–1910) and to postgraduates and final-year students working on the period.
Dolores Romero López is a lecturer at the Universidad Complutense, where she teaches Contemporary Spanish Literature. She has published extensively on Spanish modernist poetry.
New Titles List
Dolores Romero López
Exeter Hispanic Texts
- 'Ensaladas Villanescas' From The 'Romancero Nuevo'
- Book Of Devotions/Libro De Devociones Y Oficios
- Confession de Fe Christiana
- Letters From The Pyrenees
- Lives Of St Mary Magdalene And St Martha - (MS Esc. h-I-13)
- New Berceo Manuscript - (Madrid, Biblioteca Nacional MS 13149)
- Penitencia De Amor (Burgos, 1514)
- Poems To Lisi - Original Spanish text with parallel-text English verse translation
- Poesías Inéditas U Olvidadas
- Political Speeches And Journalism (1923-1929)
- El Ritmo
- Los Siete Planetas
- Tractado De La Caualleria De La Gineta
- The Treaty Of Bayonne (1388)
- Vida De Segundo - Versión castellana de la Vita Secundi de Vicente de Beauvais
- Vida Rimada de Fernan Gonzalez