Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 2
Edited by Rami Arav and Richard Freund
The Bethsaida Excavations Project is uncovering one of the most important New Testament sites lost to the world since the first century. Volume two reports on archaeological and geological findings from 1994–1996 and the cultural/historical context of the findings.
Charts, photos, drawings, and maps help present this useful archaeological data.
Figures, Plates, and Tables
Part One: Archaeology and Geology of Bethsaida
1. Bethsaida excavations: Preliminary Report, 1994-1996, Rami Arav
2. Catastrophic Geomorphic Processes and Bethsaida Archaeology, Israel, John F. Stroder Jr, Michael P. Bishop, Kevin J. Cornwell, Moshe Inbar
3. Two First-Millennium Cylinder Seals from Bethsaida (et-Tell), Baruch Brandl
4. The Coins of the Tetrarch Philip and Bethsaida, Arie Kindler
5. The Coin Finds at the Excavations of Bethsaida, Arie Kindler
6. The Fishing Implements and Maritime Activities of Bethsaida-Julias (et-Tell), Sandra Fortner
Part Two: Literature of Bethsaida
7. An Introduction to the Excavations of Bethsaida (et-Tell) from a New Testament Perspective, Heinz-Wolfgang Kuhn
8. The Two Maacahs, Ketziah Spanier
9. The Honorific Naming of Bethsaida-Julias, John T. Greene
10. A Tale of Two Julias: Julia, Julias, and Josephus, Mark D. Smith
11. The Destruction of Bethsaida: the Evidence of 2 Esdras 1:11, Fred Strickert
12. Bethsaida and a First-Century House Church?, Mark Appold
13. Medieval Pilgrim Accounts of Bethsaida and the Bethsaida Controversy, Elizabeth McNamer
14. The Incense Shovel of Bethsaida and Synagogue Iconography in Late Antiquity, Richard A. Freund
CD-ROM of Maps
Rami Arav is director of excavations and research for the Bethsaida Excavations Project, and professor of religion and foreign languages at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Richard A. Freund is project director of the Bethsaida Excavations Project, and director of the Maurice Greenberg Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Hartford.
Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 2 - Paperback cover
Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 2 - Hardback cover
New Titles List
Truman State- Bethsaida
- Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 1
- Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 2
- Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 3
- Bethsaida: A City by the North Shore of the Sea of Galilee, Vol. 4