Preliminary Report on the Deir el-Ballas Expedition, 1980-1986
This preliminary report covers the results of four brief seasons of survey and limited excavation undertaken by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, partly as a followup to the Hearst Expedition excavations originally conducted at the site by George Reisner in 1900-1901. Lacovara and his co-writers clarify the unpublished records of the Hearst Expedition, showing that the site was far larger than the records indicated and that a number of important areas were not excavated, including a chapel near the workers' village.
Illustrated with figures, 17 plates and 4 plans.
List of Figures
List of Plates
1. The Topography of the Site Peter Lacovara
2. House E Cynthia L. Shartzer
3. Chapel 1 Janet Richards
4. The Pottery Janine Bourriau
5. The Small Finds Sue D'Auria
6. Botanical Remains Wilma Witterstrom
Peter Lacovara, director of the Deir el-Ballas expedition from 1980 to 1986, is curator of Ancient Art at the Michael C. Carlos Museum, Atlanta.
New Titles List
The American Research Center in Egypt Reports
- Archaeological Investigations at el-Hibeh 1980 - Preliminary Report
- Cities of the Delta, Part II - Mendes: Preliminary Report on the 1979 and 1980 Seasons
- Deir el-Ballas - Preliminary Report on the Deir el-Ballas Expedition, 1980-1986
- Fustat Expedition Final Report, Vol. 2 - Fustat-C
- Fustat Expedition Final Report. Vol. 1 - Catalogue of Filters
- Quseir Al-Qadim 1980
- The Tomb Chamber of HSW The Elder - The Inscribed Material at Kom El-Hisn, Part 1: Illustrations