Why publish with University of Exeter Press?
- UEP is one of only a handful of university presses in the UK. With fifty years of publishing behind us, we have an established reputation and a wealth of experience in academic publishing.
- UEP has strong sales, marketing and distribution networks at home and internationally.
- In North America our books achieve a high profile because they are marketed and distributed by ISD.
- UEP is known for its high production values.
- UEP’s authors benefit from a close working relationship with our commissioning editors.
To submit a book proposal please contact the relevant editor below:
Nigel Massen, Publisher
Nigel has worked in academic bookselling and publishing since completing a PhD in 2004. He manages the lists in history, folklore, cultural & social studies and SW Studies.
Anna Henderson, Commissioning Editor
Anna initially worked in magazine publishing and then for University of Exeter Press as a commissioning editor before leaving to do a PhD in public history at Manchester University in 2012. Since then she has spent time working on list development at I.B. Tauris and then at Arc Humanities Press as Senior Acquisitions Editor. She returned to Exeter in 2019 and is responsible for list development in international relations, Middle Eastern studies and modern history, and for managing Exeter’s well-established film and performance lists.
Hetty Marx, Commissioning Editor
Hetty began her publishing career at Pearson - becoming a development editor - before moving to Cambridge University Press, where she worked as a commissioning editor for eight years. Since then she has worked with a number of publishers as a freelance editor. She joined University of Exeter Press in 2018 and is responsible for managing and developing Exeter’s linguistics list.
William Reynolds, Administrator
William worked in academic bookselling for 25 years as an IT manager and catalogue editor. Since 2012 he has worked in publishing, now handling UEP’s back office operations – accounts, cataloguing, data management and general admin.